The District of Sechelt recognizes the vital role non-profit and charitable organizations play in ensuring the social, cultural, and environmental well-being of our community. The District of Sechelt’s Community Investment Program provides financial assistance to community organizations to support programs, projects, services, and events that benefit the citizens of Sechelt. For grants received in 2018, the Final Report deadline is Monday, December 17, 2018.
2019 Grant Application deadline: Monday, February 4, 2019
*All forms are available in the Quick Links sidebar on the left-hand side of this page.
New to the CIP Grant Program? We will be hosting a CIP Grant Workshop on Friday November 30th at 1pm. The workshop will also be made available online. Click here to download a copy of the power point presentation from the 2017 CIP Grant Workshop.
NEW: The District of Sechelt has two (2) volunteer vacancies to fill on the Community Investment Program Grant Review Committee. Committee Terms of Reference and Application Form are available to download from the left-hand side bar on this page. Please submit your completed application form to Michelle Kwasney, Administrative Assistant, at MKwasney@sechelt.ca by Monday, November 26th at 4:30pm. Additional information: Siobhan Smith, Arts, Culture and Communications Coordinator, SSmith@sechelt.ca or 604-740-8476.
The Community Investment Program is for registered not-for-profit and/or charity organizations whose mandate falls under one of the following sectors:
Arts, Culture & Recreation: Grants to organizations providing programs, projects, services and/or events that seek to preserve, celebrate and strengthen the local arts, culture and recreational opportunities for residents of Sechelt.
Social & Environmental: Grants to organizations providing programs, projects, services and/or events that respond to an environmental and/or social need in the community and contribute to creating a community that lives well and cares for the environment.
Community Development: Grants to organizations providing programs, projects, services and/or events that support and contribute to a diverse and resilient local community.
Eligible organizations may apply for grants to fund one-time, new, recurring, and/or ongoing programs, projects, services, and events. To be eligible for a Community Investment Program Grant from the District of Sechelt, an Applicant must:
- Be a non-profit society in good standing with the Societies Act and/or a registered charitable organization in good standing with the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Be requesting funds for a program, project, service, or event that will directly benefit the citizens of Sechelt.
- Have submitted a final report demonstrating appropriate use of funds for all previous projects funded through the District of Sechelt’s Community Investment Program.
- Major capital expenditures
- Commercial activities
- Deficit or debt repayment
- Fundraising projects or programs
- Private or invitation-only events
- Prizes or awards
- Expenses associated with activities and programs that are clearly the responsibility of other governments or government agencies